Tuesday 30 December 2014

Journey to the TATE Modern

I went up to the TATE Modern to see the Sigmar Polke exhibition and decided to take some pictures of my journey there, both at Blackheath Station and the along the journey from London Bridge to the TATE. I'm fairly pleased with the outcome of them. The first picture shows the frost on some of the plants at Blackheath and I thought the colours were beautiful and I loved how the frost brought out the detail in the plants. The second couple of pictures are of small birds that were flying around together. I managed to get a couple of good shots of them despite how quickly they were moving. I like how the second shot shows the defiant bird sitting on the stick after having pushed the first one off. I also like the blurred quality to the first picture which  captures the movement well. The next set of pictures show the walk up in London. I liked the first picture due to the mix of angles and how reflective the surface is. The second picture I really liked due to its composition. The positive and negative space works really well in my opinion. The third picture has a really nice contrast between the old of the church and the new of the Shard. I like how you've got the opposing warm tones of the church and the cool tones of the church. The two peaks are complimentary as they stand side by side. The last three I liked due to the warmness in tones, the angles I captured and I was just impressed with how well the colours came out.








No comments:

Post a Comment