Sunday 28 December 2014

Oxleas Wood

We went for a walk in Oxleas Wood and I managed to capture a few shots I'm pleased with. The sky was such a gorgeous blue for most of the afternoon with the haziest of cloud scattered across it and this worked beautifully as a background for the trees. I think this is one of my favourite ways to capture the trees. I really like the angle of the second pictures with the left tree curving round to the right and the perspective really gives the feeling of reaching up into the canopy. The close up of the bark on the third picture was something I particularly liked due to it's texture. I could really imagine incorporating it into my art; maybe using different materials such as expansion foam, paint and maybe using bark within it too. I thought the brightness of the wood in the fourth picture was lovely and I like how the branches reach out into the right top corner of the photo. And then finally I am really happy with how the sunset came out in the last picture with the silhouette of the trees in the foreground.







No comments:

Post a Comment